It was March 23, 2015, when Senator Ted Cruz became the first to announce that he was running for president. That was 595 days ago. In the time it takes for one president to be elected, Major League Baseball has held two complete seasons. Here then are ten reasons to be happy tomorrow no matter what the election results.
10. An interminable election cycle ends. Huzzah!
9. One of the two worst presidential candidates in American history will not be president.
8. One of the two worst presidential candidates in American history will be in so much legal trouble they may not finish their first term.
7. You woke up today with the freedom to cast a vote for your leaders.
6. You’ll wake up tomorrow still a citizen of the most amazing country on earth.
5. If you wake up tomorrow, you woke up.
4. It’ll be only 46 days till Christmas.
3. Didn’t one of the candidates say, “Donald Trump will be president when the Chicago Cubs win the World Series”?
2. You still have power, freedom and opportunity to do astounding things with your life.
1. Jesus is still Lord and God is still on the throne. (Psalm 46:1-3)